Generic domain names have a huge advantage over non-generics in advertising, outperforming them by a whopping 42%.
“Because generic domains are memorable, intuitive, referable, and credible, they have the opportunity to go BEYOND the traditional marketing channels into … word-of-mouth marketing.” – Alan Hack
- Word-of-mouth marketing results in 5x more sales than paid media impressions
- Brands that elicit a strong, emotional response are 3x more powerful in WOM than brands that do not
- 88% of consumers place the highest level of trust in personal recommendations from people they know
- 64% of marketing executives say that WOM is the most effective form of marketing
These statistics further underscore why companies will pay millions for generic, descriptive domain names.
- Mind Share Increases Sales
- Value of a Premium Domain Name
- Chinese Companies, Global Domain Names
- Generic Domain Names Are Golden
- Characteristics of Premium Domain Names