For all that is written about why generic, descriptive domain names are so valuable, what is often assumed but not stated clearly enough is that they enable you to make more money.
It’s just that simple.
Your domain name is the storefront of your business. If it can instantly express who you are, what you do, and what you offer, more customers will come to you. More customers means more money.
And there’s more.
In addition to attracting more customers, premium domain names have other indirect benefits, all of which ultimately –> make you more money:
Instant Trust & Credibility
- People perceive premium domain names as the authority in their industries. More customers will buy from you, funding and partnerships are more attainable, press coverage increases, etc. because premium domains command trust and credibility.
Reduced Marketing Expenditures
- If customers will already know what they will find on your website because your domain name is generic and descriptive – i.e. self-explanatory – you spend MUCH less marketing dollars to explain your business over and over again to help customers remember you.
Increased Word-of-Mouth Referrals
- Word-of-mouth referrals increase when people can remember your domain name. Direct traffic to your website increases. And because your domain name matches what people use in searches, you further benefit from SEO, increased page ranking, and quality traffic.
So why do you want people to trust you? Why do you want to reduce your marketing expenses? And why does word-of-mouth matter?
So you can make more money.
- The Holy Grail of Generic Domain Names
- The Power Six Elements
- Mind Share Increases Sales
- Mind Share Equals Market Share
- Why Domain Names Matter
- Value of a Premium Domain Name
- Chinese Companies, Global Domain Names
- Generic Domain Names Are Golden
- Characteristics of Premium Domain Names
Back to Introduction: