Who We Are
What We Do
Why We Do It
Join Our Organizers' Network!
Thank you for your interest in becoming an ORIENTED organizer. We actively welcome applications even if no openings are currently available. Applications are kept on file in anticipation of healthy turnover.
STEP 1: Verify Your Qualifications
Applicants must be meet our organizer qualifications.
STEP 2: Get yourself ORIENTED
- Read through each section on the left as well as what will be expected of you. Please do not skim the information or ask questions that have already been addressed in these materials.
- Listen to this radio interview with three of our organizers which provides a great overview of who we are and what we're about.
- Read these news articles - 1, 2, and 3.
- Read our member testimonials and our organizer testimonials and watch all the related YouTube videos.
- Register for a ORIENTED event to understand our in-house RSVP system, attend (if possible), and submit your feedback about it along with this application. (Or if you've attended events in the past, that works too.)
- Like us on Facebook, join us on LinkedIn, and follow us on Twitter. You will be expected to use social media to help promote our activities.
- Know how we support the community. The founder of ORIENTED feels strongly about using our platform to give back to the community.
STEP 3: Submit an Application Form
- Application Form A - For those applying for organizer positions to join an existing team (see What's New).
- Application Form B - For those who want to start events in a new location, or want to re-launch in cities where we haven't been active.
- Application Form C - For those who want to join as a Crew Member.
- Application Form D - For freelance photographer applicants.
STEP 4: Fill out the paperwork
If you pass probation, submit the following items within 7 days of notification.
- Volunteer Organizer Agreement (Page 3)
Your Head Organizer should have a copy of our Organizer Agreement. If not, please contact the Program Director.
- Your Online Professional Profile
Indicate your online profile of choice (LinkedIn, Xing, etc.) and include the ENTIRE link. For example - http://www.linkedin.com/in/christinehsu
- Introduction Paragraph (maximum 100 words)
This will be used for your organizer profile seen here and in a special email newsletter, introducing you to our members.
Please include 1-2 half body photos in professional attire to choose from.
- Designated Representative
(for Co-Head Organizers only)
Determine who will serve as the main contact person with headquarters. Each team designates one person in this role.
STEP 5: For new teams ONLY
If you are starting up in a new location, or are a new team in a city where we already have Happy Hours, please click here to get started.